Open Registrations for the 3rd RGNUL Sports and Entertainment Law Mediation Competition, 2021 [6– 8 March] have started! The registration via pre-invites has closed and teams will now be registered on the basis of the vacant slots available, prior participation in the competition, and prior experience of the team.
The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR), is proud to have renowned institutions and organizations as its esteemed sponsors for the event. The competition is co-organized by CADR and The Peacekeeping and Conflict Resolution Team (PACT). We are grateful to have Krida Legal, as our Chief Advisory Organization, the Singapore International Mediation Institute (SIMI) as our Chief Knowledge Partner, and Markanda Advocates and Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution – Pepperdine School of Law as our Knowledge Partners.
The registration process for the RGNUL Sports & Entertainment Law Mediation Competition comprises of 2 Stages –
STAGE 1: Pre-invitations are released to invite registrations from specific Universities;
STAGE 2: Registrations are opened to all Universities. Teams will be selected on the basis of
- Exposure and experience of teams to Mediation,
- Whether the University being represented has participated in previous editions of the Competition.
The registration for the competition is to be done through the form below. The last date for Registration is 7 February 2021.
Registration Form – https://forms.gle/gQYK4cUfAy7YWdT6A
We’ve had exceptional response through the pre-invitation process but have reserved slots for applications via the Open Registration Process. Register at the earliest to ensure your University gets a slot!
There are several coveted awards to be won in the competition.
1. Cash Prizes & Awards
- Winning Negotiating Team
- Winning Mediator,
- Runners Up Negotiation Team,
- Runners Up Mediator,
- Best Mediation Plan (Preliminary Rounds),
- Best Negotiation Team (Preliminary Rounds) and Best Mediator (Preliminary Rounds),
The details of these awards will be released subsequently.
The Winning Mediator will be awarded an internship opportunity for up to 6 weeks, with the Pepperdine School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, USA.
3. Automatic Qualification for International Mediation Singapore (IMSG), 2021
The Winning Negotiation Team, Winning Mediator and the Negotiation Team and Mediator selected by The PACT jury at the competition, will be automatically qualified for International Mediation Singapore 2021 (IMSG) 2021, organized by SIMI in Singapore.
4. GAADR Scholarship
Winners and meritorious participants will be provided a scholarship by the Global Academy for Advocacy in Dispute Resolution (GAADR), to attend the GAADR programme.
A few Important dates for the competition are –
- Last Date for Provisional Registration via Pre-Invitations – 1 February 2021
- Last Date for Provisional Registration via Open Invitation – 7 February 2021
- Release of Competition Problem – 20 February 2021
- Last Date for Seeking Clarifications – 25 February 2021
- Release of Clarifications – 1 March 2021
- Competition Dates – 6 – 8 March 2021
For more information about the Competition, refer to the Brochure.