- About the University
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law is a National Law University located in Patiala, Punjab, India. It was established in 2006 by the Punjab Government as a university dedicated to the field of Legal Education.
- About the Organizers
The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution at RGNUL, Punjab, has been established to promote students’ and researchers’ interest in Alternative Dispute Resolution constituting dispute resolution methods like Arbitration, Negotiation, Mediation and Conciliation. CADR endeavours to promote and develop ADR as a vehicle of socio-economic and political justice. The ultimate objective of the Centre is to strengthen the ADR mechanism in the country by emerging as a platform for students to further their interests in the field. A strong team of teachers and students is working towards achieving this end.
- About the Australian Disputes Centre
The Australian Disputes Centre, Sydney is an independent, not-for-profit company dedicated to advancing the interests of commercial entities, governments, communities and individuals through timely, cost-efficient and private dispute resolution.
- Proposed Dates
Opening of Registration – 07 May 2022
EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION (submit here) – 31 May 2022
Tentative Declaration of Results- 25 June 2022
The major objective behind organising such a Blog Writing Competition is to give students the opportunity to demonstrate their reading, thinking and drafting skills in a well-connected and compact manner.
The intent of Essay writing competition which provide young writers a platform to test their adroitness for writing and an opportunity to explore a wide range of challenging and interesting questions beyond the routine college curriculum. The students are expected to analyze and suggest ways and means to establish a stronger and newer version of ADR practices around the world. The organizers aim to promote the art of legal research and writing, while also contributing to a larger cause of shaping the forthcoming ADR world.
- Format and Tentative Topics
The format of the competition would include a mandatory registration, at which time they must also submit their piece and submission of 1500-2500 words. Winners will be announced after double blind peer review process is completed.
Co-Authorship is allowed (2 authors maximum)
Citation Format: Bluebook (21st Edn.)
- Top 3 rankers to be provided with an opportunity to intern (online) with the Australian Disputes Centre, Sydney for a period of 6 weeks.
- Top 10 entries will be considered for publication on the CADR website under the category of ‘Honorable Mention.’
- Certificate of Merit to top 3 entries under various themes.
- Participation Certificates (Digital) to all the participants.
Themes (The list is non-exhaustive in nature; students are free to choose any other allied topic related to the broad themes of Investment or Commercial Arbitration):
- Investment Arbitration
- Commercial Arbitral Awards as Investments in Investment Treaty Arbitrations.
- State-Owned Enterprises as Claimants in Investment Treaty Arbitrations.
- Participation of Amicus Curiae in Investment Treaty Arbitrations:
- Ability to raise extra-jurisdictional issues vis-à-vis public interest
- Confidentiality concerns
- Commercial Arbitration
- Domestic Commercial Arbitration
- Unilateral Appointment of Arbitrators: Party Autonomy v. Equity
- Challenges to unilateral appointments after active participation in proceedings
- Hybridization of the UNCITRAL rules into practical institutional models and the road ahead.
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Dispute Resolution Clauses as Practices and Usages: An analysis in the context of the CISG and the Unidroit Principles of International Commercial Contracts.
- The intersection of CISG and Arbitration Agreements: A holistic understanding
- Should the law of Seat be preferred over CISG for formation of arbitration agreements?
- Conflicts between Arbitration Statutes and CISG
- Domestic Commercial Arbitration
In case of any queries, contact the undersigned or email us at email@example.com
Mr. Kabir Chaturvedi – +91 9148905381
Ms. Ananya Singh – +91 9013306090
Mr. Jotsaroop Singh – +91 9958854523
Mr. Rachit Somani – +91 6376006259